Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dating After Divorce Can Be Frightening

20 years of not having to deal with rejection and now we're on the meat market, and...

We fear we are no longer marketable!

Sound familiar?

me too... I started this blog at the behest of someone else and immediately found I NEED THIS. I am tired of being lonely, am tired of being afraid no one else would want a broken individual and tired of chasing after my ex and crying in my (well I don't drink).

I'm discovering a LOT... there are more than a few types of online dating sites, most of them are probably full of disingenuous profiles from other broken people who are afraid if "you" found out just how screwed up they were you wouldn't have anything to do with them.

I recall a John Bradshaw (yup, I'm familiar with codependency issues as you can tell) quote to the effect of:

"Would you spend the weekend with YOU?"

... "if you were lovable you would!, wouldn't that be neat to spend a weekend with YOU!!??"

I just went half way through the questionaire @ PlentyofFish.com stay tuned as I report back what that one is like, and some of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment